From today 18th of March 2020, I would begin a wealth series on my different platforms titled “The RicherLife series. It would be every Wednesday at 12 noon.
This series will be structured in three different sections
- Case study – Focus on a principle of wealth other than money
- Inspiration – Inspirational story to back up the case study
- Financial advice – Focus on money
Typically when you hear the world wealth, you think money. Money is the traditional definition of wealth however over the years, God has shown me that wealth is more than money. Essentially money is only one aspect of wealth.
In the Richer life online course for kids on www.richerkidsclub.com , we use the true definition of wealth. Wealth comes from the old English word “Weal” which means well-being and “Th” which means condition. Therefore, together they mean “the condition of well-being”. Therefore, to be wealthy means to “live well”.
In this section of this wealth series, we will be focusing on the different components of wealth other than money. For this lesson we are going to focus on Peace.
Peace is wealth
The first question I would like to ask is that -How do you value peace in times of a global virus pandemic?
I typically do not watch the news and it is intentional. The major reason is that the news is always filled with bad news. It is only once in a while that anything positive is reported like in the case of the corona virus global pandemic, the media focuses on the death toll rather than the recovery rate which is so much higher. For example, according to Worldometers.info out of 89, 693 closed cases of the Corona Virus, there have been 81,728 recoveries. That means 91% of the cases have recovered or being discharged compared to only 9% who have died. The news likes to focus on the 9%.
Despite the fact that I rarely watch the news the other day I decided to watch the news and oh my goodness it was breaking news, after breaking news, after breaking news about the corona virus. It was an overload of so much bad news that would have caused so much fear. It seemed like the whole world was about to end. It was so hard to turn off the TV but at some point it got so bad that I had to just turn it off.
Thankfully, I understand how media works. Bad news sells so I was able to dismiss the fearful thoughts. But then I realized that not everyone would be able to do so and I can’t even imagine how fearful people are in this season.
A lot is going on in the world, stock markets are being affected, businesses are closing, people are not able to work, borders are being closed, children are out of schools, there are food shortages in grocery stores, many high profile people are getting the virus and sadly many people are dying. As if that’s not enough the other day there was a gas explosion in Nigeria that caused so many deaths. The world we live in today seems like something out of a movie or night mare. Even our world leaders don’t know what to do.
In the midst of it all I must say I have been more at peace than fearful. Even though I’m taking precautions by washing my hands, using sanitizers etc I am at peace and know that I am not going to die anytime soon. First of all I’m not afraid of dying because I know where I am going when I do however I know it’s not my time to die . Because of my intimate relationship with God, I am aware of the season I am in my life and I know Gods promises concerning me and I know we have only just started. This year God has invited me to join Him at work in so many things for example my husband and I have started a series called “ The Basis of Marriage”. God is birthing so much and so I know He wouldn’t put these dreams in me if Corona virus was going to end the world or take my life. He is all knowing, so even before He spoke to me about the things He wanted to do, He already knew there was going to be a virus. For example, last week the Lord told me it was time to start this series. Last year I spent more time out of social media than on social media because the Lord began to talk to me about putting structure in my business and He clearly said I should create my business plan. If I were going to die, there wouldn’t be a point in creating a business plan. There are also so many promises He has given me through prophecies and I know that I will live to see the manifestation of these prophecies.
Essentially what I am saying is that in the midst of this global epidemic, I am at peace because one I am aware of God purpose and secondly I am dwelling in the secret place of the Most high.
I’m sure you have seen many posts saying that we should read Psalm 91 however it no use just reciting the Psalm. All the promises in Psalm 91 are dependent on verse 1 which says “He who dwells in the secret place of the Most High
Shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.”
You have to be dwelling not visiting the secret place. This means you need to be in an intimate relationship with the Father where you meet Him in the secret place. It is in the secret place that He will begin to warn you. For example, He can wrn you in a dream not to take that flight or go to that meeting. I remember one afternoon I fell asleep and in my dream, I saw a whole chicken that had a lot of white spots like it was ill or had a disease. I also saw a small plastic that is used for ketchup at events or fast food resaurants. I didn’t really undertsna dthe dream when I woke up but later that afternoon, I went out with my kids. My daughter wanted to buy something to it and the food exbihitn stad at the event but I didn’t have enough cash but the cash I gave her wasn’t enough so I had to wal down to the fod vendor to pay with my card. We ordered chicken and chips and just as I was bout to pay, the Holy Spirit told me that this is the chicken I saw in my dream. I obviously didn’t buy the product again and just walked away quietly to another food vendor. I actually wrote about the secret place in my new book birthing purpose. You can get a copy on Amazon. To develop an intimate relationship with God you can get The Fathers daughter devotional style study guide on amazon or okada books.
So how do you define peace?
The analogy for peace is a dove. I remember last year, a white dove came to the glass sliding door in my house. It was so beautiful and so pure. This was not random because in Nigeria to see a white dove flying is rare. Interestingly a few hours later that day there was an extended family feud that almost got out of hand and caused a lot of uncertainty. In hindsight God was sending me a message through the dove that everything was okay. He sent a message of peace and truly everything turned out okay.
So why are doves the symbol of peace?
In the past doves were used to send messages during a time of war. A paper containing a message would be tied to the dove and the dove would go and deliver the message and return to its sender. I guess the reason why doves were used is because doves will always return to its messenger. A dove will fly through an area or airspace going through warfare but will still be able to deliver its message and find its way back to it messenger. This is clearly the definition of peace. The dove is focused on its mission despite all that is going on around it. It does not take its eyes of its mission. As I write this I am reminded of the story in the Bible when Jesus said to his disciples that they should cross over to the other side and then when they got on the boat there was a storm. The disciples were afraid but Jesus was asleep in that boat. They woke him up and with three words He calmed the storm. How come Jesus was able to sleep through the storm? Well asides from the fact that He is the Son of God and can speak to a storm, Jesus knew that God’s purpose for Him was to die on the cross of Calvary to save humanity from spiritual death and to give us eternal life. He knew that He had not achieved His mission and so there was no way He could die on the boat. In the same way I am aware that I have not achieved my life’s mission and so I cannot die from the Corona Virus as long as I walk with God and obey His commandments.
The world is currently facing a storm whilst many people are worried, those who know Gods purpose for them would be able to have peace in this storm. They would be able to focus on their mission like the dove despite all the chaos that is going on. When you are on a mission you would know that anything that takes your eyes off your mission like the corona virus is a distraction. The Lord said 2020 is going to be a year where He is going to be birthing a lot of things and purposes through His children. There were so many prophecies to this effect at the beginning of the year and towards the end of last year. With the emergence of the virus, many people have taken their eyes off this and are worried about the virus.
Dictionary.com defines peace as freedom from disturbance; tranquillity.
Unfortunately, you cannot buy peace in the market. Peace comes from God. The Bible in Philippians 4:6-7 The Passion Translation (TPT) says “6 Don’t be pulled in different directions or worried about a thing. Be saturated in prayer throughout each day, offering your faith-filled requests before God with overflowing gratitude. Tell him every detail of your life, 7 then God’s wonderful peace that transcends human understanding, will make the answers known to youthrough Jesus Christ.”
The New King James version says “Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; 7 and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.”
Tips on keeping your peace:
One thing I have learnt in my life’s journey is that to overcome something you have to confront it. You cannot run away from it. Do not pretend like you are not scared. Be honest with yourself about your fears and then talk to God about them. He will begin to speak to you and He will give you peace.
Peace is priceless. If you have peace in this current chaos in the world, then you are wealthy even if you don’t have any money. You are more wealthy than a very rich man who cant sleep because of the fear of the virus. The fear of the Corona Virus will end up killing more people or causing more underlying illnesses than the actual disease itself. Lack of peace can cause, high blood pressure, depression etc. By all means ensure you have peace and fight to keep it.
1. Social Media or Media detox – You can either decide to go off social media, turn off your radio or TV in this season. If you have to be on social media for reasons such as work, then you can either put yourself on a strict schedule where you only log in at specific times and specific durations example 30 minutes at 9am in the morning. Also be intentional about what social media accounts you follows. Also feel free to leave certain whatsapp groups if you have to and join the ones that provide inspiration and encouragement.
2. Tell family members politely to remove you from their broadcast.
3. Read inspirational publications.
4. Ask God to reveal His purpose for you.
5. Focus on your God given purpose
6. If you are Christian, google and meditate on scriptures that talk about peace.
7. Try to ensure you sleep, eat and exercise well.
Be rest assured that this too shall pass. It is not the first time the world has seen a virus like this. There have been many other epidemics and they have come and gone.
Peace in the eye of the storm
I watched a video of a family who are currently under lock down in Wuhan which was the epicentre of the corona virus epidemic. They shared how as a family they are spending time together, playing board games etc
I also read a Facebook post from a lady who is also on lock down in Wuhan and she shared the good that has come from this lock down. Some are as follows:
• Family life has improved : “Our family life has never been better. Usually one weekend is long enough before I’m ready to send each of us back to school or work. But for SEVEN weeks we’ve been home together with very little outside influences or distraction, forced to reconnect with one another, learn how to communicate better, give each other space, slow down our pace and be a stronger family than ever before.”
• Appreciation of the beauty of nature: “Spring in Wuhan is absolutely stunning. God has been giving us glimpses of the beauty to come with near- perfect weather. Because of the lock down we get to watch spring slowly unfold right in front of us with no work, traffic, pollution or other distractions. I have pulled up my chair and am ready for the creator’s show.”
• Quiet time: “My prayer life has never been better and my study time has been much more real. I have quiet time that is actually (usually) quiet- and I can devote real time to it. Most days I have so much more time to think, to listen, to process, and to discover. I am discovering the good gifts that God has given me and my family. More than anything, I am bowled over by his goodness at every turn. He overwhelms me with his goodness.”
• Other positives are they exercise more, they have reconnected with old friends etc.
One thing that she said that stood out for me is this “we are at peace in the epicentre of the virus. We are at peace in the epicenter of his will.
This reminds me of a movie I watched once about twisters/tornados. A couple who used to chase twisters/tornados for research purposes ended up in the middle of the storm which is called the eye of the storm. It was amazing to see that in the eye of the storm it is so peaceful and calm. The strong and dangerous winds are around but not in the middle of the storm. You would think that the middle of the storm should be the most dangerous place but it is actually the safest place to be.
Business are closing down, airlines need bail out, stock markets are declining etc. Financial analysts and experts are forecasting a global recession. The sound of a country wide recession is bad enough then to think about a global recession is even more overwhelming. The beautiful thing is that even in a global financial crisis there are so many opportunities to create wealth. Many of the millionaires in the history of America such as the Henry Ford, John Rockefeller etc became millonaires during the great depression. In my wealth creation online course on my online financial education platform called “ The Tech World of Finance – www.wofin.org” I talk about how solving problems brings money. I said if you want small money then solve a small problem. If you want to big money then solve a big problem. If you want national money then solve a national problem but if you want global money then solve a global problem. Right now, the world is facing a global problem and this means there are opportunities to make global money and to access endless stream of income.
Lets talk about some of the opportunities to make global money
1. Tissue paper- Many of us have seen the pictures and videos of grocery stores and shelves that have run out of tissue paper. This is the time for Nigerian owned toilet paper manufacturers like Banrut Rolls Nig Ltd to begin to think about exporting their products.
2. Investments -Stock prices are falling and so this is the time to consider buying those Apple shares or GT Bank shares. Also do not worry if the current value of your stock portfolio has reduced. When you invest in stocks you should always think long term. The value of your stocks will eventually go up again i.e. if you bought stocks that have real value and from credible companies with good trading history and track record.
3. Online courses – Many people are on lock down right now and so this is the time to promote your online course or create one if you don’t already have one. Follow Stephanie Obi on Instagram to learn how to create an online course.
4. Food – many career women in countries on lock down are at home now with their children and would have to make three square meals in a day for the kids. For those who can’t cook and who are not able to buy take out because of fear of the virus, this is the time for those who can cook to create online content that teaches women how to cook simple meals. You can even host a skype video call teaching your cooking skills.
5. Home tutoring : Teachers can begin to offer online lessons for kids who are on lock down. You can do this via skype or whatsapp video call. I heard of a lady who charges over £2000 pounds a week to teach children via skype. This the time to create online content that teaches women how to cook simple meals
These are just a few of the wealth creation opportunities that are available. You cn take the wealth creation course on my financial education platform www.wofin.org and take the wealth creation online course.